Florida Boat Insurance
Florida is a boater’s paradise. Pablo Beach Insurance Group offers boat insurance for owners of both power and sail boats for personal and commercial purposes.
Although Florida law does not require personal-use boat insurance, Florida boat owners know it’s in their best interest to protect their investments, their families, friends and fellow boaters. For personal use sailboats and powerboats, there are several types of boat insurance which boat owners should consider:
- Bodily Injury Liability Insurance protects you if you injure someone in a boating accident;
- Property Damage Liability covers damages your boat causes to someone else’s property, such as another boat or a dock;
- Medical Payments Insurance covers injuries to you or to your passenger if injured while boating;
- Comprehensive Coverage covers damage to your boat caused by incidents and factors other than a boating accident, such as theft or a windstorm;
- Collision Coverage covers costs of repairing accident damage to your boat;
- Uninsured Boater/Motorist Insurance helps pay for your damages including injuries, lost wages or loss of life if the other boater lacks sufficient insurance;
- Additional Coverages include repair or replacement of items inside your boat, including fishing equipment or skiing equipment.
Maritime law states that a charter boat operator is liable for all damages deemed caused by negligence. If you own or operate a charter boat and need commercial boat insurance, Pablo Beach Insurance Group offers the following:
- Hull and Machinery Insurance, which covers collision, combustion and sinking damages to your vessel and all parts including the engine, deck machinery and electronic components;
- Protection and Indemnity covers payment to passengers for injuries or for damage to personal property they may have taken onto your vessel;
- Shore Excursion Insurance, covers damages that a passenger may sustain while on a charter trip but not physically on your boat at the time of the injury or damage;
- Crew Coverage, which covers injuries sustained by any crew member while performing duties.
If you are looking for boat insurance, Jacksonville based Pablo Beach Insurance Group has you covered.